So as per the request of several family members here it is the Hackett family blog that will be mostly a showing of baby Jade. So without further ado.
Jade was due on the 19th of March and unfortunately she didn't come then, but on the 20th we went in to the hospital due to certain circumstances and we were admitted about 11:15am. We expected the labor to take well into the night as you can see by jaylene trying to catch up on on her last people magazine gossip.
They started her on pitocin to help speed up the process, but for several hours there was no change.
So they turned it up a little more and that was when Jay decided to finally get the epidural. At around 5 o'clock she was checked again and there had been a big change. A little later the epidural wore off on her right side and she started to feel everything on that side and she was not feeling good. She progressed quickly and was complete an hour and a half later, but was unable to push until the pain was in check. They redosed the epidural twice but it didn't help, so they removed the epidural and did a block which worked almost immediately. Jay was comfortable again and ready to push. The doctor said to jay, " It's usual for a new mom to push for 2 hours, how about I make you a deal and go 12 minutes." I thought he was joking but the time had come and Jay only pushed 6 times ( about 10 minutes) and little Jade was here.
She was 21 inches long and weighed 7 lbs. and 8 ounces. Both mom and dad were excited to see her and both cried when they heard her cry. But as you can see here they were tears of joy.
After going to the nursery and giving Jade her first bath in this life we settled down hoping to get some sleep,but the first night with baby Jade was a long one. She cried all night long and neither Jay or I got sleep. That next morning when Jaylene's mom, dad, brother, and sister in law came to the hospital, I went home for a nap. After the nap I headed back to the hospital to help some more with Jade. Later that night I went home to sleep and Jay got some too. We were excited to come home with our new little bundle.
The time since then been fun and exhausting, Jay has been working hard to get somewhat of a rhythm going and sometimes Jade hasn't gone along with it. The first few days we even had to work hard just to wake her up to eat.
We love her so much I'm even glad to get up with her in the middle of the night and hold her. We couldn't be happier!!!
I will do all that I can to update this often and let you all know how little Jade and Jay are doing. Love you all.






2 comments:
yay!!! I am soooo happy about this! more pictures, please! we are so excited to see you guys next weekend. loves.
Finally!!! Jade is a doll! Jaylene looks way too good in those hospital pictures! She doesn't even looked like she just had a baby!! I can't wait to meet her!!
Post a Comment